PROJECT K-9 HERO VETERINARY SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP
The Project K-9 Hero Scholarship was created to support graduate students who are going into their second year or beyond in veterinary school and who supports the cause of supporting retired Police K-9s and Military Working Dogs.
Award Amount: $2000.00
Application Period: January 1st – June 1st
Deadline for application is June 1st, 2019
This scholarship is awarded for tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance at the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine. It is awarded on an objective and nondiscriminatory basis under procedures approved by the Internal Revenue Service. Preference may be given to applicants whose parents are, or where Police K-9 or Military Working Dog handlers. This scholarship shall be directly distributed to the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine. Award winners may re-apply each year.
- Applicant shall be a U.S. citizen and a second year (or greater) student of the University of Tennessee, College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Applicant shall have obtained a cumulative 3.0 Grade Point Average or higher with a demonstrated record of good attendance.
- Applicant shall be accepted and entering into their second year or beyond at the University of Tennessee, College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Applicant shall submit a 500-word minimum, biographical essay detailing how they will support the Police K-9 and Military Working Dog community after they graduate and become a veterinarian.
- Applicant shall submit their most recent College of Veterinary Medicine transcript.
- Applicant shall submit a portrait photograph suitable for publication.
- Applicant must submit a letter of recommendation from a College of Veterinary Medicine professor.
- Applicant must be available for a personal interview by the Scholarship Awards Committee if so requested.
- Applicant will submit an impact statement at the end of the year if they are awarded the scholarship.
To apply for the Project K-9 Hero Veterinary School Scholarship, please review the eligibility requirements closely to be sure you qualify as an eligible applicant. If you qualify, please be prepared to answer some questions about your career aspirations, community involvement and school activities. Take some time to read all of the questions in the application. Type your answers in another program you can edit and save. Then proceed to copy and paste all of your answers into the application at one time.
Complete applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Awards Committee. The selected recipient will be notified via email to confirm interest and to formally accept the award. A press release will then be issued on social media and forwarded to the media announcing the recipient.