THE JODI JOHNSON MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Jodi Johnson Memorial Scholarship was created to remember the life of our founder’s sister. Jodi was a smart and outgoing woman who excelled in athletics, academics, music, and community involvement. Jodi was also a lifelong animal lover who was an outspoken evangelist for our work at Project K-9 Hero.
Award Amount: $1000.00
Application Period: January 1st – June 1st
Deadline for application is June 1st, 2019
This scholarship is awarded for tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance at the educational institution. It is awarded on an objective and nondiscriminatory basis under procedures approved by the Internal Revenue Service. Preference may be given to applicants who are student athletes and/or musicians of Lapeer School District with a GPA of 3.5 or higher. This scholarship shall be directly distributed to the recipient’s educational institution.
- Applicant shall be a U.S. citizen and a Michigan resident age 17 or older.
- Applicant shall have obtained a cumulative 3.0 Grade Point Average or higher with a demonstrated record of good attendance.
- Applicant shall be accepted and entering into a field of study at an accredited post-secondary institution or accredited veterinary technician school.
- Applicant shall be entering into one of the following fields of study: pre-vet, pre-med, animal science, biology, physiology, zoology, veterinary science, biological science or chemistry.
- Applicant shall be pursuing an associate, undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate degree.
- Applicant shall submit a 500 word minimum, biographical essay detailing their achievements and why they want to be a veterinarian or veterinary technician.
- Applicant shall submit their most recent school transcript.
- Applicant shall submit a portrait photograph suitable for publication.
- Applicant must submit a letter of recommendation.
- Applicant must be available for a personal interview by the Scholarship Awards Committee if so requested.
To apply for the Jodi Johnson Scholarship, please review the eligibility requirements closely to be sure you qualify as an eligible applicant. If you qualify, please be prepared to answer some questions about your career aspirations, community involvement and school activities. Take some time to read all of the questions in the application. Type your answers in another program you can edit and save. Then proceed to copy and paste all of your answers into the application at one time.
Complete applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Awards Committee. The selected recipient will be notified via email to confirm interest and to formally accept the award. A press release will then be issued on social media and forwarded to the media announcing the recipient.